Sunday, February 21, 2016

Southern South America With Starwood Hotels Day 6 - Travel

I woke up at 6:00am  and had coffee in the hotel lobby while watching the sunrise before heading to the gym for a two hour workout, after it was a walk around the grounds, around their shopping area including their own PeruRail ticket office (which is open all the time but the rest of the stores are only open in the busy season) and on to their extensive forest area just after the train station and then to their farm area.  The hotel has some of the highest LEED standards in the world, and they grow the majority of their vegetables for guests and staff on site, the water is recycled and treated to be used on the plants, and the entire hotel runs on efficient power systems.  There is also a nice picnic area and fire pit along the train line and river, as well as soccer and basketball courts.

I then headed back to the hotel for an hour by the pool and a sauna before getting changed and getting the hotel car back to Cusco.  Once there I popped into the VIP Lounge, but the drinks and food are not free and the wifi was not working, it was a nice relaxing space, but I left early to head to the boarding gates.  

My flight actually had 7 out of 12 seats in Business full this time, still empty by US standards, but more then on my empty flight over.  We had a nice and quick dinner snack service as it was quite turbulent before landing in Lima.  Unfortunately there is no transit area even with no checked bags so I had to leave security and then re-enter security with domestic passengers going right and international going left.  In the International Zone you must clear Exit Customs, thank you handy APEC line for zero wait time!, and there I found two lounges that Priority Pass customers can use.  I jumped into the first with wonderful reclining lounge chairs, a great open bar, and good food service.  It was quite busy though.  I then popped my head into the second lounge which was just as large with no Business Center but with the same style bar and it was much quieter, especially the upstairs lounge area.

It was off to my Avianca Red Eye Flight to Montevideo.  I hate Red Eyes because I can never recover effectively from the lack of sleep.  The flight was scheduled to leave at 9:45 pm Lima time or 11:45 pm in Montevideo with a Montevideo arrival at around 4:15 am Montevideo time.  I asked for an insanely insane check out at the Sheraton Four Points in downtown Montevideo.  The Sheraton looked like one of the best properties in the city but it was a golf destination outside of town and I only had 24 hours so I booked the only other SPG property in town.

The Avianca flight was good with a welcome glass of champagne and then a nice meal and wine service with The Intern and an episode of Friends playing on the overhead monitors.  That was all I saw since I passed out for two hours.

Tambo del Inka was amazing and the international lounges in Lima were quite good with great service and Avianca exceeded my expectations since I had read some negative reviews.  Another long but great travel day. 





Walk around Tambo del Inka Grounds

Walk around Tambo del Inka Grounds- Sports Area

A Look at my Seat on the Train

Samples from the Tambo del Inka Grounds

Tambo del Inka Grounds Picnic Area and Fire Pit by River

Walk around Tambo del Inka Nursery and Gardens

Tambo del Inka Shops and their own Peru Rail Station

Me by the Tambo del Inka Pool - all to myself!

Light Pool Reading

Cusco Lounge

Cusco Lounge

Cusco Lounge


A320 Lots of Legroom-Avianca

A320 Lots of Legroom-Avianca

A320 Avianca

A320 Avianca Snack for Dinner

Sumas Lounge Lima International Section
Sumas Lounge Lima International Section

Sumas Lounge Lima International Section

Sumas Lounge Lima International Section

Quieter VIP Lounge Lima International Section

Quieter VIP Lounge Lima International Section

Quieter VIP Lounge Lima International Section







No comments:

Post a Comment